Upcoming Events

Last Updated on April 20, 2010

No YOUTH!!!
Friday April 23, 2010 (Jr. High)
***Jr. High will be invited to come on Wednesday April 21, 2010!!

Final Jr. High Friday Night!!
Date: Friday June 4, 2010
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
***This will be our last Friday night worship gathering of the school year. Over the summer we will only have fusion programming once a week which will be on Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30 for all fusion grades 6th -12th!

Kickin' It Old School!!
Date: Wednesday June 9, 2010
Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm
***For the summer months we will only have ONE youth service for ALL grades (6th-12th)! We will be kickin it Old School Style!! Spread the Word!







Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What If...

Hey Guys!
If you were not present last Wednesday, you missed out on an awesome night! We had our second parent open house where I handed out what I am hoping will be a HUGE resource for you as a parent. If you missed out last week and need a copy of the DVD please email me or contact me and let me know and I can get one in your hands as well as explain what the DVD is all about!

Wednesday night's message felt good to get off my chest. I read from this verse in Luke where someone asks Jesus if many will enter the Kingdom of Heaven and Jesus responds to the man basically saying to work hard because many will try and enter but only a few will enter the narrow door into the Kingdom! That verse scares me greatly! I challenged the students to play the what if game and ask them self what if they were one of many who are thinking they are getting into heaven only to be told by the Son of Man, Jesus Himself, that He has no idea who they are and they cannot enter! What a scary thought that is, and it's one that burdened my heart in the way I lead and teach the students. Am I portraying the Gospel as being something that is easy, not requiring a lot of work and really 100% devotion or am I telling the truth as Jesus Christ did Himself?

That was the heart of the night, to remind students and the parents on hand that Christ requires nothing less than 100% of our hearts and if we are not willing to do so than we are not fit to bear His high and holy Name! If you do not believe me, look at Luke 18:18-30 or Luke 9:57-62 or Luke 9:23-27! That's all I ever see Jesus doing in the Word, calling His followers to go after Him with everything they got, not half-hearted or with 97% of their life but with EVERYTHING! I want to be a part of a ministry that is living that, and I really wanted to remind the students and parents of fusion that that is the expectation from our King and if we want to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven we must believe in Him with that kind of saving faith. The kind of faith that screams out 100% commitment and devotion!! What kind of faith do you have?

Scripture Used...
Luke 9:23-27
Luke 9:57-62
Luke 18: 18-30
Luke 13:22-30 (Main Text)
1 Corinthians 15:19
Ephesians 2:8-9
Galatians 5:4


tom

No comments: