Upcoming Events

Last Updated on April 20, 2010

No YOUTH!!!
Friday April 23, 2010 (Jr. High)
***Jr. High will be invited to come on Wednesday April 21, 2010!!

Final Jr. High Friday Night!!
Date: Friday June 4, 2010
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
***This will be our last Friday night worship gathering of the school year. Over the summer we will only have fusion programming once a week which will be on Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30 for all fusion grades 6th -12th!

Kickin' It Old School!!
Date: Wednesday June 9, 2010
Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm
***For the summer months we will only have ONE youth service for ALL grades (6th-12th)! We will be kickin it Old School Style!! Spread the Word!







Thursday, March 26, 2009

The recipe For Life...

Hey Guys!
Last night was a very welcomed break from the norm we experience each week within fusion. We had about 50 less students here last night than normal and I'll be honest, it was nice to have a little smaller crowd for a week! On top of that we as a ministry were blessed to have Trinidge Stone with us leading us in worship! If you have never heard of them, they are a local group that include 2 students from this ministry, and God has placed a high call on their lives to lead others in worship! Last night they were awesome and played some fusion favorites like "We Shine" and "All I Need Is You" but also introduced a new song called "Seek the Love" which is an amazing worship song! Anyways it was nice to have them with us last night!

The message last night was on following God with all of our heart! I used a demonstration for the students where I baked...yeah that's right I baked, but anyways I baked two trays of brownies. One tray I followed the directions that the lovely Betty Crocker gave me and the second tray I followed some of the directions but then added my own ingredients hoping to create a new way to make awesome brownies! I brought a student up to taste test the brownies and tell me what they thought of them. The first tray, the tray I followed instructions on he loved. The second tray, the tray i sorta followed instructions for but also added my own ingredients he took a bite of and almost threw up!

My point to the students was so many of us in our lives we want things the Bible promises like joy or hope maybe some peace or happiness or even love and genuine acceptance. We crave those things because God made us to crave them, yet we don't follow the steps that God lays out for us to experience them. We Don't follow God's recipe for life, we try and make our own recipe and sometimes our recipe might even have some of God's ingredients in our own mix of life, but we don't follow His way exactly how He asks us to and thus we don't get the finished product we are looking for! We miss out on joy, hope, peace, love and even more importantly salvation. I challenged the students who felt like their life was like the second tray of brownies to start over and turn to Jesus Christ, accepting Him in their life as being the first step in God's instructions on how to live life His way! We had over 30 students stand last night, count the cost of following this man Jesus Christ, and receive Him as being Lord over their life...PRAISE GOD!!!!!

Please pray for our ministry, that more and more lives would be changed. Also we need help! Our leadership team is shrinking when our growth is increasing...that's not good...if you are interested in serving at fusion please contact me and let me know and I would love to meet with you and talk about this ministry!! Please just let me know...

Scriptures Used...
Matthew 13:44-45

tom

No comments: