Upcoming Events

Last Updated on April 20, 2010

No YOUTH!!!
Friday April 23, 2010 (Jr. High)
***Jr. High will be invited to come on Wednesday April 21, 2010!!

Final Jr. High Friday Night!!
Date: Friday June 4, 2010
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
***This will be our last Friday night worship gathering of the school year. Over the summer we will only have fusion programming once a week which will be on Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30 for all fusion grades 6th -12th!

Kickin' It Old School!!
Date: Wednesday June 9, 2010
Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm
***For the summer months we will only have ONE youth service for ALL grades (6th-12th)! We will be kickin it Old School Style!! Spread the Word!







Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One of Those Nights...

Hello Parents,
Tonight was "one of those nights" that seriously will keep me up tonight and probably for the next few nights. I was extremely frustrated tonight during our worship service. I felt as though the majority of students don't get it, they have not connected the dots about who Jesus is and who He wants to be in their life!

Tonight I wanted to continue on in our message series titled, "Poser." and I wanted to look at how Paul says in II Timothy 3:1-5 that there will be people who love money and pleasure and themselves in the last days over and above anyone or anything else. I described how the world sells selfishness which is the polar opposite of what Christ calls us to live out. As I challenged the students to be selfless and to live their life no longer for themselves but for God, i received these blank stares as if to say, "why would I do that?" I felt like students didn't even get what the problem was with being selfish. In our lives before we can be selfless for God, we have to experience God and His endless love for us! We have to have a reason why we would NOT be selfish, which we do and His Name is Jesus Christ! The problem is I felt like so few students knew that answer or were even asking that question of why be selfless.

My hope and prayer is that fusion would be a ministry that helps connect students to Jesus Christ and supports them as they begin a life-long journey with Him. Nights like tonight remind me of that vision, and remind me of how important it is to pray for these students. Please join me in doing that, I would greatly appreciate that!

tom

No comments: