Upcoming Events

Last Updated on April 20, 2010

No YOUTH!!!
Friday April 23, 2010 (Jr. High)
***Jr. High will be invited to come on Wednesday April 21, 2010!!

Final Jr. High Friday Night!!
Date: Friday June 4, 2010
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
***This will be our last Friday night worship gathering of the school year. Over the summer we will only have fusion programming once a week which will be on Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30 for all fusion grades 6th -12th!

Kickin' It Old School!!
Date: Wednesday June 9, 2010
Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm
***For the summer months we will only have ONE youth service for ALL grades (6th-12th)! We will be kickin it Old School Style!! Spread the Word!







Monday, September 8, 2008

What Are You Wearing?

Hey Mom and Dad!
Sorry it has taken me so long to post what we talked about last Wednesday. Last week was a neat night. There was, for the first time in a while, an excitement to worship God musically! One thing that was awesome is that the student band wrote a song last week and led it that night. the song is called "Beautiful Refuge". We are looking forward to teaching it to you adults Sunday October 5. Some of the lyrics go as follows...

Cause Your my
Refuge
The One I
Cling to
And Lord I
Love You
Beautiful Refuge

As far as the message it was intense for sure. We talked about forgiveness, which is always a tough topic to deal with. Within the first 2 months being the new student pastor i was overwhelmed with the number of students that would talk to me about somebody else who hurt them. I shared over and over again Colossians 3:12-14, encouraging the students to forgive others as Christ has forgiven them. I finally decided to teach on it. Last Wednesday night I urged the students to clothe themselves in love, for Paul says in verse 14, the most important piece of clothing to wear is love! I challenged them to wear love in their relationships with others and to create space in those relationships to allow for one anothers faults! I had some very meaningful prayer times with some students afterwards who were ready to let some things go! It was neat, a great night for sure!

We still are looking for help for the outreach event coming up next week, September 17. If you are interested please email me and we will get you plugged in! Thanks for investing in the life of your son(s) and/or daughter(s) alongside of myself and the other leaders within fusion.

tom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo! I'm at school and I decided to leave you a comment! :)
Well today me and amanda and a couple of our friends did the "See You At The Pole" prayer. And then we just started praying like two other times before the bell rang.
:D Yay me and Amanda are gonna get a herd full of people for theee outreach :DD Just saying :)